Friday 5 October 2012

REVIEWS: Emily and Charlotte Bronte

dear readers,

Recently I have been listening to classic novels written by the Bronte sisters...



WUTHERING HEIGHTS
Written by Emily Bronte
 (Audio)
genre: classics, gothic

1.5 STARS

I was a bit bored with this novel.  I was not enthralled with the love story.  I can almost hear the Eminem and Rhianna song playing in the background...Love the way you lie.  Sorry Emily, I would rather read Rebecca DuMaurier's Rebecca!




JANE EYRE
Written by Charlotte Bronte
(Audio)
genre: classics, gothic

3 STARS


In some ways this novel reminded me of Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca but not as good.  We get to see Jane's path to Thornfield but at times I was a bit bored with her observations and did not understand her love for Edward Rochester.  A good gothic read.



All right Anne, let's see what you got!

love,
kris

No comments:

Post a Comment