Wednesday 7 August 2013

Book Club Tonight!

dear readers,

Once every month I get together with my book family to discuss books, movies, tv shows, family, friends, work, politics, food, my weird obsession of defending Angelina Jolie and finally the book of the month.  These four women are more than former co-workers and family friends but my support system. Without them getting over my friend's death and recently my grandmother's passing, getting through bad jobs and university, break ups and dating, family issues and facing my own anxieties would not have been possible. Over coffee and fabulous food they set me straight and give out hugs even when I think I do not need hugs. They are my supporters and my biggest fan. I may not see them a lot but what they know only a few others in my life do. So when I told them about this blog and how I wanted to be more serious in my reviews they said "that is great and we will help you." 

I want to blog but I need to do a great job because there at a group of fabulous women who believe I can do this. I may be a bit slow on reviews (I promise to post the Unseen review tomorrow) but I am determined to write posts every day.  I will become success because I will work hard.  I will make it because I have great friends -my book family, my book soul mates and boyfriend there cheering me along the way and steadying me when I start to falter. I will share monthly what book we are reading, thoughts on th book and other brilliant musings :)

By the way, this month we read News from Heaven: Stories from Bakerton by Jennifer Haigh (review to come) ;)

Night lovelies :)

love,
kris

No comments:

Post a Comment