Thursday 2 January 2014

More Great Canadian Fiction!

dear readers,

It has been a rainy day in Vancouver, BC and I have been feeling a bit under the weather so it has been a great day to read :) I continued to enjoy Alice Munro: My Best Stories (also called Alice Munro's Best: Selected Stories) - some stories were new to me and some were like revisiting old friends...



Alice Munro: My Best Stories
written by Alice Munro
genre: short stories, fiction, canadian literature


5 STARS 

This collection of short fiction includes her works from the 1970s to present day. All of the stories have been published before in other volumes. This collection also has an introduction written by another Canadian author, Margaret Atwood.

As the title states these are Alice Munro's best short fiction.  The Canadian author recently won the Pulitizer for her writing and hopefully this will increase her readership and gain more fans.  I have been reading Munro since I was in my early teens and have been in love with her work for years.  She has the ability to take a story and that most authors would need a novel to tell and condense it to size of a novella.  She is able to pack so much into them without it being overwhelming.  A great collection to introduce or revisit Munro.

Alice Munro: My Best was published October 2009.

Off to choose my next read :)

love,
kris 






No comments:

Post a Comment